For moms with young children, a perfect Mother’s Day will have a fun activity with the kids which is fairly (and unusually) relaxing for mom.
Followed by some luxurious time away from kids.
If you do this right, I guarantee she will remember this day forever!
With this in mind, here’s how to give her a day filled with loved ones that is also relaxing:
- Plan an activity to do with the kids.
- Prepare really well so she won’t have to so much as pack a diaper bag.
- Incorporate one or two personal touches to make the day extra special and accentuate how appreciated she is.
- And finally, create some space later in the day for her to take a break from mothering.
I’m here to walk you through each step. Read on!
Choose a Kid-Friendly Mother’s Day Activity
Plan a short outing, no more than 2 hours.
This reduces the chance of kids getting cranky from overheating, hunger, excitement, etc.
Here are some ideas:
Or keep it even simpler:
- Go to a restaurant with playground and let kids play while parents sit and eat.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood together.
- Spend a couple of hours at the grandparents house together.
- Garden and play in the yard for a few hours.
The important thing for a perfect Mother’s Day is having a pleasant time together with the least work or effort on mom’s part.
Best Ideas for Giving Mom a Break on Mother’s Day
Plan something special for later in the day that will be kids-free.
If you’ve been paying attention, you know whether mom is craving some time alone, time with friends, or a date night with you.
That, and available resources (babysitting), dictate what you will plan for later in the day.
Here are some ideas:
- Get a babysitter and take mom out to a movie you know SHE wants to see. And dinner. And dessert.
- Provide bubble bath or a book she’s been wanting, and take the kids out of the house for a minimum of 3 hours. Also provide chocolate.
- Arrange for one or more of her best friends to take her out for a fun time while you stay with the kids.
- Send her to a spa or just a manicure.
- Time to get her hair done and/or go the gym or a yoga class.
Basically, time. Give her time for pampering herself.
Special Touches for a Perfect Mother’s Day
Anytime during the day, incorporate special touches:
- Whip out a single rose at an unexpected moment.
- Or leave a rose where she will find it. With chocolate.
- Have the kids present a handmade card when you stop for lunch.
- If she admires a trinket and you have a budget, buy it for her on the spot.
And with that, you will have a very happy lady.
She will have had a PERFECT MOTHERS DAY.