We’ve talked about all the benefits of babywearing. Benefits to baby’s growth and happiness, benefits to parents’ taking care of themselves, their homes, their other commitments, and their own happiness.
What about other kids? If your baby is not baby #1, then you can add these benefits to the list:
- You can dance with your son on the beach with your baby, so they can always hear the music.
- Your baby’s needs are met AND you can open a popsicle wrapper at the same time.
- You are able to check your daughter’s math homework without the distraction of a fussy baby.
- Everyone has a hand to hold in the parking lot.
- You can hold two of your “babies” at once without breaking your back.
- Naptime doesn’t keep you from going to a playdate, out to eat, or to your 8 year old’s soccer game.
- Your older kids get to go hiking with you in the woods to see waterfalls, or wade through a creek.
- Your arms are free for hugging.
- Make that transition to “big brother” a little easier on the little guy 🙂